d a n z a n k • c o m p o s i t i o n f o r p i c t u r e
n e w s
• Dan has won a Gold Addy award for his arrangement of Unforgettable for Vistaprint.
• Dan's music was recently featured on "Young Sheldon" (CBS) and "Mare of Easttown" (HBO)
• Dan worked on the Cadillac Lyriq “Scissor Hands Free” ad for Superbowl 55.
“What an honor and a privilege to work with Elfman’s brilliant score for this. Amazing performances and an inspiring creative team behind it. Big thanks to Yessian Music and Leo Burnett Detroit for taking me along for the ride!”
• Hudson Yards "The Edge" is now open in NYC and features a new composition by Dan. Will you take the "glass floor challenge"? Check it out here
• Dan will have one of his compositions featured in the upcoming series for Apple TV+, "Truth Be Told".
• Dan just finished an arrangement of "I've Got The World On A String", featuring the incomparable Vin Diesel on vocals, for Yadea.
• Dan will have two of his compositions featured in an upcoming episode of the ABC series "Blackish"
• Dan recently had some of his music featured in an episode of the CBS series "Elementary".
• DSI recently interviewed Dan for their "Artist Spotlight Series". Click here to read the interview!
• Dan is proud to announce that he has been added to the DSI artist roster for 2019! Being a pioneer in synth design, Dave Smith has always been a source of inspiration and it's truly an honor to be affiliated with him. More information on DSI and the amazing instruments they create can be found here.
• Dan will have one of his compositions featured in the upcoming animated series for Amazon, "Undone".
• Dan recently returned from Yerevan, Armenia where he was assisting Dan Yessian in the premier of his brilliant composition "An Armenian Trilogy". More info on Dan Yessian and his work can be found here.
• Dan just returned from Budapest where he was recording a new composition of his with the Budapest Film Orchestra.
• Dan just won a New York Festivals Gold World Medal for his composition "Porcelain Dream" for the Nanchang Movie Park.
• Dan just finished arranging/orchestrating a piece for the St. Louis Orchestra, which will be performed during the holiday season.
• Dan just received a London International Award for his work as arranger on the "One Journey Two Teams" for United Airlines during the Olympics in Brazil.
• Dan recently won a New York Festivals Gold Medal award for his work as composer on "Hubei in the Air"
• What a way to end the year! Macy's "The Wish Writer" tops the holiday charts:
- Shoot Magazine's #1 spot in the Winter 2015 Top Ten Tracks
- Shoot Magazine's #5 spot in the yearly Top Music Five Tracks of 2015
- Adweek - Most successful holiday ad on YouTube in 2015
• Dan recently worked with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra on his adaptation of the John Williams
composition/arrangement: Star Wars Main Title. (May the Fourth be with you!)
• Dan just returned from a week at the famed Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, California.
• Dan recently returned from Slovakia, where three of his compositions were recorded by the Bratislava Symphony Orchestra and Choir.
• Dan has recently composed/arranged music for the One World Trade Observatory experience.
• If you happen to find yourself in Wuhan, China, stop by the Wanda Movie Park to hear three of Dan's compositions in the 4d, interactive rides; Fly, Ultimate Energy and Space.
• Dan just returned from a week of recording at famed Abbey Road Studios in London.
• Dan just returned from Movie Park Germany in Dusseldorf, where his composition for the attraction "The Lost Temple" recently premiered.
• Dan recently had the privilege of conducting members of the New York Philharmonic and Met Orchestra at New York's famed Avatar Studios for an upcoming United Airlines television campaign.
• Dan has received the prestigious London International Award in the "Tv/Film Music Adaptation" category for his work on "Eternal Optimism".
• Check out Chrysler's latest spot featuring Dan's arrangement of Bob Dylan's "Things Have Changed" during Superbowl XLVIII
• Dan's score for the animated feature "The Snowman" has won a D Show Award for Best Original Music.
• Dan just completed the score for "Northern Light", which is currently featured in Fort Edmonton Park, Edmonton, Canada.
• Dan just finished scoring the "Forbidden Cavern" attraction at Bobbejaanland in Lichtaart, Belgium